The outside of your house is the first thing people see, you want it to have a nice curb appeal whether you’re getting ready to sell or you just want to spruce it up. Here’s a list of DIY projects you can do to the outside of your home, the side everybody driving by sees. I like having people over, I’m sure a lot of you do too, so why not make it nice?
- Upgrade your mailbox -whether it’s mounted by the door or at the road
- Picket fence with roses or vines
- Stone or brick paths
- New house numbers
- Clean up the front porch and add some rocking chairs
- Light the pathway
- Potted plants on the steps
- Plant trees to frame your house
- Replace exterior lighting
- Replace gutters and downspouts
- Replace old rails, doorknobs and knockers, etc
- Paint the front door, shutters, and trim
When you’re thinking about curb appeal, consider what makes you think “wow, that house is gorgeous” or “that’s such a cute house.” A lot of times making your house looks stellar just means a weekend with a a trip or two to Home Depot for paint, plants, or some new lighting. So you don’t have a green thumb? Sometimes Lynchburg Parks & Rec has gardening classes to help get you started.
If you would like to spruce up the inside of your house take a look at these:
Picking A Paint Color